As the plaudits reign down on JayPa and the the Penn State college football team, superstitious Happy Valley residents are frantically signaling with their arms like Peyton Manning trying to shush the RCA Dome crowd. Many Penn State faithful feel that too much fan excitement and optimism will jinx the Nittany Lions and somehow crush the chances of Penn State going undefeated or winning the Big 10.
My response? Hogwash. Penn State fans, some of the most intense and football-educated fans in the Big 10, spent the entire year praying that a somewhat experimental offense would work (it did) and that untested players would come through under pressure (so far, they have). The college football regular season is only 16 weeks or so; enjoy the early success of your Nittany Lions and party like its 1994. With that said, let's feed the hype machine by putting up some recent Penn State links from The Rivalry and the blogosphere.
Links from The Rivalry, Esq.
- JayPa's success in passing like the aforementioned Mr. Manning.
- Daryll Clark, the #1 QB in the Big 10?
- It's not a sex toy, it's NFL passing from a variety of formations! The Rivalry's preseason preview of the Spread HS.
Links from the Blogosphere
- A nuts and bolts preview of PSU v Wisconsin, complete with a 57 comment discussion about mini sticky buns and badgers. Or you can look a nicely biased game preview here, imploring Joe Pa to stay in the pressbox. Speaking of...
- JoePa's injury report.
- Even though white, black, red out's are dime a dozen, Happy Valley still has a legendary look here.