Let's be honest. Two of the easiest columns to write (and get feedback from your readers) are 1) the power rankings column and 2) the pop culture comparison column. Much like that magical day when somebody got their peanut butter on my chocolate (or did I get my chocolate in her peanut butter?), it was predestined that one day these two great columns would be brought together...
Halfway into the season, we have some perceptions about our teams and our conference. Memes, if you will:
Wisconsin is pretty good. Minnesota is an all time terrible team. Joe Bauserman might be the worst Big Ten quarterback within the last 25 years. Michigan is much better than most people thought. Illinois is the best team in the Big Ten no one is talking about.
And since we have memes, and this is an Internet site, if ever there would be a confluence of peanut butter and chocolate, this would be it.
1. Wisconsin--Awesome Wisconsin is Awesome, 144 Points (12 First place votes)
If you're really, really good, you're an awesome sandwich, even during your bye week.
2. Michigan--They See Me Rollin', They Hatin', 127 Points
Michigan scores a double meme coup, the 'rollin'' meme combined with the 'Joseph Ducreux' meme.
3. Illinois--I Can't Hear You Over The Sound Of How Awesome I Am, 124 Points
Is there a better matched meme to a team and their coach right now? No, no there is not.
4. Michigan State--This is Sparta, 104 Points
Admit it, you saw this one coming from a mile away, didn't you?
5. Nebraska--U mad, bro?, 99 Points
Probably, but you shouldn't be, after that epic comeback win against OSU.
6. Penn State-- I'm Not Saying It's Aliens, But It's Aliens, 84 Points
Good but not great defense, bad quarterbacks, yet you're 5-1. I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens.
7. Ohio State--Epic Fail, 68 Points
8. Iowa-- Numa Numa, 66 Points
Much like this video, what Iowa did in Happy Valley wasn't football, either.
9. Northwestern--Craig James Did Not Kill 5 Hookers At SMU, 48 Points
It's funny because it's NOT TRUE--Craig James DID NOT kill 5 hookers at SMU. Much like the phrases 'Heisman winner Dan Persa' and 'Northwestern, B1G Champions' aren't true, either. As much as Northwestern fan would like them to be.
10. Purdue-- I can haz cheezburger? 35 Points
When you beat Minnesota, u can haz cheezburger.
11. Indiana-- WTF...Seriously, WTF is that? 25 Points
Because it isn't competitive football, that's for sure.
12. Minnesota--Kill It With Fire, 12 Points