And if you still haven't joined a Bracket Challenge, you're either in a coma or you have a real job and/or deadlines. But that's cool, at least you're not on OTE's list of The Ten Most Annoying Things About March Madness. List...below. An alternate, more positive list would be the Ten Best Things About March Madness, which is sure to include day drinking and men who bring their printed out bracket to a first date. Well played sir.
*Also, my thanks to Bleacher Report for inspiring this title. Too bad SBN doesn't have a slideshow option...
(10) People who have jobs and forget the Tourney is happening. Respect the madness and find a way to watch all the games, or at least stream it on your phone while your office door is closed.
(9) The experts. No one knows what the hell is going to happen. Baylor looks great right now. Baylor has Final Four talent. Baylor may lose its first game.
(8) Claiming you knew the big upset was happening, BUT NOT picking that upset in your bracket. "C’mon guys, I knew VCU was beating Wichita State, but I could only pick so many upsets though, so I went with the Shockers." Oh, ok.
(7) New uniforms for the Tourney. BAYLOR NOOOO.
(6) That one team that no one picked and destroys all brackets in its way. VCU 2011 comes to mind. It’s like a buzzsaw that goes through America’s collective pools. Oh, you thought you were getting Final Four points from Kansas? Nope, you’re not.
(5) Duke. Just because.
(4) People who choose all four #1 seeds to reach the Final Four. It’s like rooting for the lions against the Christians at the Colosseum. It’s like rooting for Ed O’Neill’s Cowboys over the Little Giants.
(3) Watching hoops with someone who wouldn’t know a charging violation if it charged into them. Unless that someone is your significant other. Please don’t accidentally start the long, painful divorce process by insulting your spouse’s lack of basketball knowledge.
(2) People who still believe that the secretary who picks all her matchups via colors or animals actually wins the office pool. I think this is an Urban Legend. Plus it’s found itself into the Top Five Clichés of March Madness, which is an altogether different list.
(1) People who talk about their bracket and how their analysis, or lack thereof, has propelled their bracket to the top of the most awesome bracket competition ever. Stfu. You got to the top of a bracket by the grace of God. Accept that.
Yahoo! Tourney Pick'em supports SBNation and the best college sports tournament of the year. Join the bracket pools of Drew Brees, Michael Phelps, and Lil Wayne-- all while competing in the $5 million Perfect Bracket and $10,000 Best Bracket Sweepstakes. Be part of the best and biggest Yahoo! Sports tourney game yet –sign up today!