Spongebob Squarepants-Best Day Ever(With lyrics) (via blackc989)
So, minus the fact that you all might have actually clicked on that YouTube video and you now have one of the most amazing songs stuck in your head for the rest of the day (seriously, try not to smile as you hum, "IT'S THE BESSSSST DAAAAAAAY EVVVV-ERRRRRR!!!") the sad facts are that yesterday was, in fact, not the best day ever for the Big Ten. Between the absolute beatdown Mr. Emmert laid down on Penn State and the corresponding kick to the gut Mr. Delany gave, that would have been enough for a less than amazing day. However, instead of actually just backing down and staying out of the limelight, Michigan decided to take a run at the Fulmer Cup in typical Michigan style.
First, Fitzgerald Toussaint gets arrested for none other than a DUI which prompted a conversation between us writers about how ridiculous it is that these kids don't more or less have drivers. I mean, seriously, how many dumb arrests, suspensions, and questions of integrity will it take for kids to stop drinking and driving. Do they not realize that officers are totally going to throw the book at them if they get pulled over? MSULaxer did bring up the fact that most anyone who has a few drinks is over the limit and that these are kids who feel like they're bigger than the system. Still, hire somebody to follow them around to the bars and watch them. Make it kind of like the secret service or something.
If Hoke was already having a crappy day, then he had this fun little report to deal with. New of DE Frank Clark came out in light of an arrest for Home Invasion. You know, maybe Michigan was falling out of the spotlight. Maybe the idea of all press is good press really got Hoke thinking. In any case, both players are suspended for the time being and Michigan will now have to deal with the barbs that will be flying there way from pretty much every other team. If there is one thing I have learned about the Big Ten, if there is opportunity to rip on Michigan, you take it.
Hopefully today will be a better day across the board. Links after the jump!
Penn State Getting Hammered Links (or Mainstream voices saying this was harsh links):
- Bill O'Brien releases his statements on the penalties
- Twitter is an awful way to respond to something you don't like
- Stewart Mandel says the NCAA had their priorities backwards in this response
- Andy Staples asks what comes next for Penn State players and looks at the potential fallout
- Gene Wojciechowski asks if these punishments actually mean anything
- Dan Wetzel says this is a punishment worse than death
- It's going to be an open market for Penn State players
- Um, about that... Penn State also basically said this was all their fault before the civil cases
- Finally, SBN's Spencer Hall and Andrew Sharp take opposing views on the punishments
- IlliniHQ takes a look at Beckman's issues at Illinois, least of which are rankings
- The Hoosiers did not take kindly to all the jokes about Penn State becoming Indiana...
- The Cedar Rapids Gazette's Marc Morehouse scored a 40 minute sitdown with Kirk Ferentz and its really really good. It's broken down into three parts. Here, here, and here.
- Michigan continues to hit the recruiting trail and MnB has your weekly wrapup
- Michigan also introduces their thirty-fourth (unconfirmed number) alternate uniform
- The Only Colors has an interview with a fellow blogger on the upcoming battle between MSU and Eastern Michigan...
- Nice story about a girl with brain cancer who inspired the Michigan State team and her recovery in the past few months
- The Daily Gopher asks if the Minnesota OL is an upgrade over last year's version
- But really, the most important battle in Minnesota is Coke v. Pepsi
- The Omaha World Herald unleashes the ultimate Husker bracket... Iowa asks for a third party to double check the counters
- Rodger Sherman of Sippin on Purple asks how the Penn State sanctions will affect Northwestern... Spoiler - the answer is not really
- Northwestern sold out a game! unfortunately that means there will be a lot of Red in the stadium
- Eleven Warriors looks at the potential game changers at WR for the Buckeyes
- Eddie George: Ohio Bobcat legend
- Penn State begins the rebuilding process
- BSD looks at Penn State arch-nemesis Iowa
- Purdue inks their eighth commitment for the class of 2013: Parker Cothren
- Wisconsin loses DT Jordan Kohout to extreme migraines that were resulting in small strokes. Best wishes to him from here on out.
And because I feel like everybody needs something to cheer them up (and wash away the Spongebob song), here is Victor Wooten showing why he is the Bass God.
Victor Wooten - Isn't She Lovely (via AccoladeVideo)