WATCH OUT FOR THE BALL, BALL!
I'm short on time this Monday so I'll simply copy and paste some highlights from the camp(s)/scrimmage(s) that took place over the weekend. We'll start with Kevin Wilson, who says all of Indiana's quarterbacks are improving:
All three guys did well. Nate Sudfeld, who sometimes as a young guy struggles, had a great two-minute drive, took his team for a touchdown, in (1 minute, 55 seconds) got a score at the end of the scrimmage. Nice scramble play, a couple of nice plays just being creative. Tre, for the athlete, is really throwing it better. It’s great to see. He’s embraced the ‘I need to be a good quarterback.’ … Right now all three quarterbacks are better than any three who played last year today.
Marc Morehouse of the CR Gazette listed the good, the bad and the no-shows at Iowa's scrimmage. Big shocker here...Iowa didn't have many RBs:
Freshmen Greg Garmon and Barkley Hill not only didn’t participate, they weren’t there. Same for junior Brad Rogers.
"We have guys with bumps and bruises," head coach Kirk Ferentz said. "They were doing some good things, and it’s nothing serious. They have a chance to be ready Monday. All the guys have a chance to be back Monday. It’s frustrating because you can’t really evaluate anything."
Morehouse also had some general impressions and statistics from the scrimmage.
Mark Dantonio was pleased the most by Michigan State's defense:
"The defensive forced a couple of turnovers and won pretty handily," Dantonio said. " ... Our defensive front is strong. We have several redshirt freshman on that second team that look pretty good. I also was impressed with the way our linebackers ran (to the football)."
"Not at all," he said. "I don’t think I am concussion prone. I believe being attacked by five people, 100% of this population is going to walk out with a concussion or maybe worse."
- IlliniHQ breaks down the entire 2012 Fighting Illini roster.
- Tim Beckman says the Illini will consider having another camp in Rantoul, Illinois.
- A Lion Eye profiles Miles Osei, who can apparently play every position on the field and linebacker Ashante Williams.
- A Lion Eye's feelings on how the depth chart will shake out following the close of Camp Rantoul.
- A year of redshirting prepared Iowa defensive tackle Darian Cooper for 2012.
- Tight-ends are reshaping Iowa's offense.
- Fight for Iowa's thoughts from Iowa's kid day.
- Suspended players Fitz Toussaint and Frank Clark have been cleared to practice.
- Michigan WR Roy Roundtree had arthroscopic knee surgery but should return in 2 weeks.
- Brake Hoke says he failed as a head coach in 2011 because Michigan didn't win the conference.
- Michigan defensive back Tamani Carter, the first player to commit to Brady Hoke, has left the program.
- Denard Robinson thinks he could beat Usain Bolt in the 40. Just...just...just stop it Shoelace.
- Michigan State quarterback Tyler O'Connor is expected to redshirt.
- Shilique Calhoun and Lawrence Thomas give the Spartans "freakish athleticism" at defensive end.
- What happened to all of the state's highest ranked recruits who shunned the Golden Gophers?
- The Daily Gopher has notes from Minnesota's scrimmage.
- What Tom Dienhart learned at Minnesota.
- Fringe Bowl Team's latest podcast talks about the general sentiment of the Minnesota fans in 2012.
- FBT also explores the possibilities for Minnesota shtick. I like hate.
- Scott Dochterman of the CR Gazette profiles the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
- Nebraska cornerback Andrew Green is playing like a veteran.
- Nebraska offensive tackle Tyler Moore is off the team...for now. Corn Nation rounds up the rumors that he's transferring to South Florida.
- BRT's Q&A with Rex Burkhead.
- Northwestern RB Treyvon Green was taken off the field via ambulance after taking a hard hit. The good news is that he'll be OK.
- Sippin on Purple breaks down Northwestern's passing game.
- Ohio State tight end Jake Stoneburner is no longer a tight end. Now, he's a WR.
- 11 Warrior's notes on Urbz's comments from tOSU's annual media day.
- More notes from tOSU's media day.
- 5 tOSU football offensive freshman to watch in 2012, via Land Grant Holy Land.
- Penn State received a defensive back commitment in Jordan Smith. I believe he is also the first commitment for PSU in 2013.
- Penn State trustees voice their support for Rodney Erickson's acceptance of tough penalties.
- BSD previews Penn State's RB situation.
- Scott Dochterman also profiles Penn State.
- Penn State's QB are busy learning BOB's playbook.
- Hammer and Rails profiles cornerback Ricardo Allen and running back Gavin Roberts.
- College Football Zealots previews the Wisconsin Badgers.
- Some video of Montee Ball at Wisconsin Media Day.
- The BTN's tour mailbag.
- ESPN's B1G blog Friday mailbag.
- ESPN ranks the B1G secondary units. Michigan State is the best. Indiana is the worst.
- Brian Bennett is on videos now. Welp.
Clearly, there are not a lot of conference links.