EAST LANSING, MI - NOVEMBER 05: MarQueis Gray #5 of the Minnesota Golden Gophers looks to throw a pass in the first quarter of the game against the Michigan State Spartans at Spartan Stadium on November 5, 2011 in East Lansing, Michigan. (Photo by Mark A. Cunningham/Getty Images)
The Big Ten at Ten will be pushed back to early afternoon due to the start of Closing Arguments. We kicked things off today with Indiana, a team that uh...well, is in the Big Ten. Here's the remaining Closing Arguments (tentative) schedule:
8/16 - Minnesota
8/17 - Illinois
8/20 - Ohio State
8/21 - Northwestern
8/22 - Purdue
8/23 - Iowa
8/24 - Nebraska
8/27 - Penn State
8/28 - Michigan
8/29 - Michigan State
8/30 - Wisconsin
Obviously, the plan is that each team's piece will be written by their corresponding OTE writer. Thus: Minnesota by JDMill, Northwestern by Chad, Iowa by yours truly and Nebraska by Jesse etc. etc. etc.
If you haven't been to BHGP in the past few hours, they have a new Podcast up talking the Big Ten with Supreme Emperor Filler and Ted "Get off my lawn" Glover. I highly suggest you check it out.
That's it for today. Links after the jump.
- Former Nebraska offensive lineman Ryan Klachko joined the Illini earlier today. He'll sit out the 2012 and will have three years remaining.
- IlliniHQ profiles defensive tackle Glenn Foster.
- A Lion Eye profiles wide receiver Ryan Lankford.
- The Crimson Quarry previews Indiana's week 7 opponent: the Navy Midshipmen.
- The BTN made a list of the top 5 running backs of the BTN era. Shonn Greene was not included. Ross is not happy.
- ESPN B1G blog ranks James Vandenberg as the 13th best player in the conference.
- BHGP reminisces on one of the many memorable Iowa v. Penn State matchups. This time, it's 2000.
- SI has Denard on the cover but also has MSU ahead of the Wolverines in their preseason rankings. Again, is there someone at Ann Arbor.com whose sole purpose is to cover the in-state rivalry?
- Maize n Brew profiles incoming recruit Jehu Chesson.
- ESPN's College Gameday will be in Arlington, Texas for the Alabama vs. Michigan game.
- Michigan State blog "The Little Brother" talks Michigan State with Madtown Badgers.
- MSU freshman wideout Aaron Burbridge will be out 6 weeks after having his knee scoped.
- MSU starting left guard Blake Treadwell will be out 4-5 weeks after suffering a hairline facture in his tibia.
- FBT talks about Jerry Kill's approach and demeanor as the head coach of the Gophers.
- Not everything is related to football but the Daily Gopher asks what's left on your (if you're a Gopher fan) bucket list.
- ESPN analyst Ed Cunningham thinks Nebraska is poised for a great season. Yes, this is the same Ed Cunningham who has been accused of being blatantly biased against the Huskers.
- There may be a helium shortage but that doesn't mean Nebraska can't have a balloon tradition!
- Nebraska has problems with highly touted prospects panning out. As an Iowa fan, this sounds familiar.
- Sippin on Purple talks Minnesota with the Daily Gopher.
- Tom Dienhart's observations from Northwestern's practice.
- Sippin on Purple also profiles junior wide receiver Rashad Lawrence.
- 11W looks at tOSU's defense post defensive coordinator Jim Heacock.
- 11W also profiles former wide receiver and now tight end, Jake Stoneburner.
- BSD previews Penn State's defensive tackles and also examines the impact the sanctions will have on the roster.
- Want another Penn State hype video? Welp, here you go.
- Hammer and Rails profiles linebacker Nnamdi Ezenwa and wide receiver Cameron Posey.
- The BTN Football Tour previews the Purdue Practice.
- Madtown Badgers talks Michigan with Maize 'N Blue Nation.
- Madtown Badgers also asks whether wide receiver is actually becoming a strength in camp.
- Hawkeye Nation previews the bottom half of the Big Ten. BEWARE THE AUTO PLAYING POLITICAL ADS.
- MGoBlog continues their B1G fantasy draft.
- ESPN B1G blog has a poll on which B1G quarterback is under the most pressure this season.
- Is your Facebook page ready for some B1G football?