Apologies for the delay. I got stuck with a computer that only had Internet Explorer and the editor wouldn't load. Yes, I know IE is an absolute embarrassment to browsers everywhere.
The number of Penn State players who have decided to transfer to other schools now stands at nine. The latest being starting wide receiver Justin Brown, who announced that he was leaving to play for Bob Stoops and the Oklahoma Sooners. Brown, Anthony Fera and Silas Redd all entered 2012 as starters on Penn State's depth chart. However, there is some good news. Recruits Akeel Lynch and Curtis Dukes reaffirmed their commitment and sophomore Michael Hull, who considered transferring to Pitt, made the choice to stay in State College.
It's now coming out that Montee Ball was present at a fight that took place prior to his "not so random" attack. There is no evidence that suggests he was actually involved but Madison police know that he was there. Here's a quote from the actual report:
UPDATE 8/4/2012 The Madison Police Department, through information developed by detectives, have determined that there was a fight that occurred Friday night (July 27th-28th) which involved UW students, members of the UW football team, and other individuals that were not affiliated with the University of Wisconsin’s Athletics Department. We have also determined that Montee Ball was present at the location of that fight, but we have no information that leads us to believe that he had any involvement in that particular event. There was one individual that did sustain an injury during the fight, and was subsequently treated at a local hospital for that injury. There is a potential for charges to be pursued, related to the investigated fight, but no charges have been filed. As this investigation is ongoing, specific details outlining the identities of either victims or involved parties are not being released.
The full story will be revealed soon enough. Ball is sticking to his story. Onto the links.Team Links:
- 5 questions about Illini football from the Chicago Tribune.
- A Lion Eye profiles freshman TaJarvis Fuller.
- Still waiting on someone to write something about Indiana football. Still got nothin.
- Iowa football media day is here. Snort.
- NIU is seeking redemption against Iowa this season. Good luck, Huskies.
- Maize n Brew profiles Nathan Brink.
- The 5 hottest position battles as Michigan opens up fall camp.
- Ex-MSU receiver Devin Thomas has unexpectedly retired.
- A day 1 roundup of Michigan State's fall camp.
- A fall camp report from FBT.
- Minnesota gets a new commitment in cornerback Jalen Myrick.
- A Q&A with Nebraska offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles.
- Nebraska's newcomers pass the early eye test.
- Tom Dienhart's Q&A with Northwestern OC Mick McCall.
- 5 questions about Northwestern football from the Chicago Tribune.
- A look at Ohio State's 2012 season from the easiest games to the toughest.
- 5 Buckeyes that can make or break the 2012 season.
- 10 reasons to be excited about Penn State in 2012.
- Penn State begins training camp today after an "eventful" offseason.
- Penn State's schedule analysis.
- Purdue is pleased after their first practice.
- More snapshots of the alternative uniforms Wisconsin will be sporting against Nebraska.
- Madtown Badgers checks out Wisconsin's special teams.
- 12 predictions for the Big Ten in 2012.
- Tom Dienhart answers questions in his latest Big Ten Mailbag.
- Cedar Rapids Gazette reporter Scott Dochterman counts down the 12 best B1G games over the last decade. Here's 12-7 and 6-1.
- MGoBlog's latest Big Ten recruiting rankings.
Clever exit line goes here.