Did you miss us? Of course you did. Where else are you going to get your Big Ten football news roundup? ESPN? Google Reader? Your respective SBNation Big Ten blog? I THINK NOT. You will come here and you will like it. The Big Ten at Ten will again be published Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (we hope) at 10AM with a collection of stories related to our beloved conference. The obvious difference this time is that we'll be including a few basketball pieces here and there. Also, we're still working on something special for Wednesday so stay tuned for that.
Since we left you, this happened:
Glorious. Some other stuff happened during bowl season involving a non-existent school getting murder death killed, Northwestern breaking their bowl losing streak, Wisconsin losing the Rose Bowl (again) and Minnesota pooping their pants against Texas Tech (again). I don't mention Michigan State because IT'S A CONSPIRACY.
While we could talk more about football why don't we just focus on OMG WE'RE REALLY GOOD AT BASKETBALL. On to the links.
- Illinois loses 51-74 to Wisconsin. Playing on the road in the Big Ten is a nightmare.
- Steve Sticker, Illinois alum, attended the basketball game and CHEERED FOR WISCONSIN?!?!!!?!?!?!?
- 5 takeaways from Indiana's win over Minnesota. The Hoosiers are now 3-0 in conference.
- Iowa receives a big commitment from 4-star offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher. That's a fun name.
- Aaron White threw a shoe at Fran McCaffery. No, seriously.
- Aaron Craft was all over Trey Burke in Ohio State's 56-53 win over Michigan.
- Maize n Brew was understandably disheartened by the loss to the Buckeyes.
- Le'Veon Bell named a first team all-american...by College Football News.
- Michigan State beats Nebraska 66-56 and avoids a serious Branden Dawson injury.
- The airing of grievances for 2012 Nebraska football is over. Until tomorrow, anyway.
- The Northwestern v. Iowa basketball game was so bad that SoP published this while there was still 5 minutes remaining.
- Northwestern was out of sync against the Hawkeyes. That's one way to put it.
- The Buckeyes pick up a huge commitment from Damon Webb, a 4-star cornerback who attends Cass Tech. That's in Michigan, BTW.
- Unlike Michigan fans, 11W and LGHL were quite pleased with the win over the Wolverines.
- Penn State loses another basketball game. Must be a day that ends in "day."
- Black Shoe Diaries looks ahead to their 2013 defensive tackles. It's never too early to talk about football for Penn State!
- Purdue fans probably fell asleep during the game.
- There will be an Alvarez on the sidelines for Wisconsin in 2013. Just not the one you think.
Yes, the links are a little short today. If you need some time to kill just focus on this for the next 45 minutes: