Losing to Penn State in basketball is totally something a non-existent school would do. - USA TODAY Sports
The Big Ten at Ten returns for the 2013 football offseason.
Did you miss us? Of course you did. Where else are you going to get your Big Ten football news roundup? ESPN? Google Reader? Your respective SBNation Big Ten blog? I THINK NOT. You will come here and you will like it. The Big Ten at Ten will again be published Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (we hope) at 10AM with a collection of stories related to our beloved conference. The obvious difference this time is that we'll be including a few basketball pieces here and there. Also, we're still working on something special for Wednesday so stay tuned for that.
Since we left you, this happened:
Glorious. Some other stuff happened during bowl season involving a non-existent school getting murder death killed, Northwestern breaking their bowl losing streak, Wisconsin losing the Rose Bowl (again) and Minnesota pooping their pants against Texas Tech (again). I don't mention Michigan State because IT'S A CONSPIRACY.
While we could talk more about football why don't we just focus on OMG WE'RE REALLY GOOD AT BASKETBALL. On to the links.
- Illinois loses 51-74 to Wisconsin. Playing on the road in the Big Ten is a nightmare.
- Steve Sticker, Illinois alum, attended the basketball game and CHEERED FOR WISCONSIN?!?!!!?!?!?!?
- 5 takeaways from Indiana's win over Minnesota. The Hoosiers are now 3-0 in conference.
- Iowa receives a big commitment from 4-star offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher. That's a fun name.
- Aaron White threw a shoe at Fran McCaffery. No, seriously.
- Aaron Craft was all over Trey Burke in Ohio State's 56-53 win over Michigan.
- Maize n Brew was understandably disheartened by the loss to the Buckeyes.
- Le'Veon Bell named a first team all-american...by College Football News.
- Michigan State beats Nebraska 66-56 and avoids a serious Branden Dawson injury.
- The airing of grievances for 2012 Nebraska football is over. Until tomorrow, anyway.
- The Northwestern v. Iowa basketball game was so bad that SoP published this while there was still 5 minutes remaining.
- Northwestern was out of sync against the Hawkeyes. That's one way to put it.
- The Buckeyes pick up a huge commitment from Damon Webb, a 4-star cornerback who attends Cass Tech. That's in Michigan, BTW.
- Unlike Michigan fans, 11W and LGHL were quite pleased with the win over the Wolverines.
- Penn State loses another basketball game. Must be a day that ends in "day."
- Black Shoe Diaries looks ahead to their 2013 defensive tackles. It's never too early to talk about football for Penn State!
- Purdue fans probably fell asleep during the game.
- There will be an Alvarez on the sidelines for Wisconsin in 2013. Just not the one you think.
Yes, the links are a little short today. If you need some time to kill just focus on this for the next 45 minutes: