Okay, so I admit that 10:00 AM can be a bit fuzzy for me. In theory, I should probably just wake up extremely early and make sure to make a story of it, but life has a way of being more important than links and here we are.
Yesterday, the New Orleans Hornets formerly announced their switch to the New Orleans Pelicans which might not sound fierce, but I have heard that they are actually a pretty brutal animal (See Video Below). Anyhow, I have a friend who is a designer and so I figured I would run the new design across him and he pointed out that most logos are fairly homogeneous and all the animals are ALWAYS ANGRY! As a fan of the new logo, I had to think about it and this prompted a look at SportsLogos.net to determine what the B1G logos throughout history have looked like. After way too much time, I landed on Michigan being responsible for the strangest iteration of angry sports logo. Go ahead and click here.
Pelican Eating Pigeon Live (via wperko)
B1G Team Links:
- A Lion Eye has some random thoughts on both the new Illini Offensive Line Coach, Jim Bridge, as well as the path to the Dance for the Illini basketball team.
- IlliniHQ says that the next five games determine the fate of the Illini basketball team. Also, they say this is a basketball school. If they're not good at basketball, what are they good at?
- U-God gives us an update on his new Illini Crush - 5 time Trillionaire Mike LaTulip over at The Champaign Room.
- Austan Kas at the Crimson Quarry gives some predictions of how the Hoosiers will fare down the stretch of Big Ten Play.
- Nice story about the last surviving member of the 1940 Indiana Hoosier basketball team that won the national championship.
- The Hoosiers lose an assistant, LB Coach Mark Hagen, to Texas A&M. That seems like a pretty decent move for a coach to make.
- The University of Iowa has officially posted a job opening for the assistant position that may or may not be actually open depending on what the PR team at Iowa decides on releasing. Also, have you ever seen anyone refer to BCS AQ as B.C.S.A.Q. before?
- Patrick Vint has Part II of his brief history of conference realignment. This is really good stuff over at BHGP.
- Also happening at BHGP: Where Are They Now | DJ Byrd?
- Did you know Jim Harbaugh had a penchant for shooting off his mouth even when he was at Michigan? Are you sick of the Harbaugh family yet? Did you know that there are two Harbaughs coaching in the Super Bowl? DID YOU!?!?!?!
- Welp, the Wolverines basketball team might have started flat against Purdue, but they sure figured out that wouldn't work in the second half.
- MnB has some words of advice for the Denard Robinson haters out there as he transitions to WR.
- It looks like the MSU board officially approved of Mark Dantonio's contract until 2018, even though it seems like it was more or less official anyways.
- Chris Vannini at The Only Colors gives us the State of State and has a recap of the football team and where it's going.
- Tom Izzo is keeping the faith in Russel Byrd, even when Byrd doesn't have faith in himself.
- At this point, if your guy gets his fourth foul, do you even let the game start up again before getting him out of there? Anyhow, Austin Hollins is ridiculously important to the Gophers game in and game out. Can't let that happen again Tubs.
- The Daily Gopher asks the tough questions in light of the Northwestern Loss: The Tubs 'Stache - Stay or Go?
- If you like infographics, check out Brandon Vogel's Nebraska recruiting geography piece at Hail Varsity.
- Jon Johnston at Corn Nation has the discussion about the Nebraska vs. Alabama dynasty debate.
- Nebraska got another DB recruit to commit in Boaz Joseph.
- When discussing Northwestern bracketology, ending with this line is never a good thing: "This is my long way of saying Northwestern is probably gonna lose to Nebrasketball tomorrow and make us all feel stupid." I'm assuming Sippin on Purple has just been burned too many times.
- Don't know the depth chart or anything else going into 2013 yet? Doesn't matter. Lake the Posts gives us their way too early predictions of the Northwestern schedule next year.
- What's going so right for Northwestern basketball?
- So people don't seem too excited for the price jump for tickets in Columbus. My favorite part of the justification is that people pay those prices on StubHub. Conversely, couldn't you argue people also get nosebleeds on day of tickets for significantly less?
- LGHL looks at how the Buckeyes have fed players to the Super Bowl for a long time.
- The Buckeyes basketball team needs more consistent secondary scoring options... but we've known that for a while, right?
- Christian Hackenberg isn't even on campus yet, but he is definitely an important cog in maintaining relevance in the midst of a difficult situation.
- BSD has a good interview with Ty Hildenbrandt of The Solid Verbal. They talk about a lot of things, including Penn State football.
- Penn State also landed a walk-on commit at QB, Jack Seymour, who could've played at MAC level teams, but decided BOB was a good coach.
- When Purdue is hitting shots from outside, they do really well. As made obvious last night, if those shots stop going in, they can lose ground in a hurry.
- H&R talks about the game in more depth and points out that this young Purdue team is getting better.
- As a hater of the Chicago Bears, I am familiar with John Shoop's ineptitude as their OC. Now Purdue hires him after a stint at North Carolina where his offense was ok? Weird pickup in my opinion, but I suppose as long as he doesn't play seven Quarterbacks, Boiler fans will be happy, right?
- B5Q has a chat with the guys from TDG about their border battle... in basketball.
- Also, here is where Wisconsin is putting their efforts in football recruiting.
- Madtown Badgers gives us their season end prediction to the 2013 football season with a look at the game against Penn State.