Reese Strickland-USA TODAY Sports
I think we should just call Friday's post, "The Late Edition," because it's always late. Anyhow, I tried to come up with a hook this morning, but I've been in and out of impromptu work stuff I was unaware of, so there's that. Regardless, there are a lot of links today AND if those aren't good enough, go ahead and watch this. It's pretty awesome. (H/T to the Verge)
INK DROPS 4K (ULTRA HD) (via jacobschwarz)
B1G Team Links:
- There were only two B1G games last night and Illinois was in one of them. They lost despite holding a 10 point advantage at halftime. John Groce was not impressed.
- The Champaign Room thinks aTm QB Transfer Jameill Showers should set his sites on the Illini.
- A Lion Eye has an interesting look at expectations for both the Illini football and basketball teams.
- So there's this game tomorrow between some Crimson team and some Maize team... I guess it's kind of important. The Crimson Quarry is previewing the showdown.
- Nice recap of the Hoosiers this season by MnB.
- There are plenty of Hoosiers on the midseason watch lists for POTY and FOTY.
- Apparently the Hawkeyes and the Huskers want to keep their matchup on Black Friday. The Offseason: Where Nothing Awesome Happens.
- Really good roundup of where the Hawkeyes sit with potential targets going into the stretch run of recruiting.
- I didn't watch the Iowa-Penn State game last night because it sounded as fun as a Nebraska-Penn State game, which was awful minus the winning part. Anyhow, Iowa won and stuff.
- Here is MnB's preview of the big game between the Hoosiers and Wolverines.
- Apparently Hoke is a Top 5 recruiter. Good for him.
- The Wolverines were totally cool with losing 2014 recruit Denzel Ward.
- Michigan State was happy with the win over Illinois last night. Also, did they really shoot close to 90% in the second half? Yeesh.
- The Spartans are gearing up for 2014 recruiting in football already.
- Lots of NFL talent on the Spartans roster.
- Minnesota lands a great TE in Nate Wozniak. Looks like a big fish for the Gophers.
- The Gophers are partnering with a Bone Marrow match organization called Be The Match this February. Very cool cause.
- The press has been working for Minnesota this year when its setup properly.
- REX BURKHEAD LEAVES NEBRASKA FOR KENTUCKY (Not really, but this was pretty funny).
- Hey look, you can get on a wait-list for Nebraska tickets with a little bit of a deposit and a donation to the Athletic Department.
- On that note, the Nebraska Spring Game tickets go on sale on Wednesday.
- A Signing-day primer for Northwestern by the guys at SoP.
- Some thoughts from MGOBlog on the Northwestern basketball team after Michigan won handily.
- Things only Northwestern fans can discuss -- best season ever 1996 or 2012?
- A deeper look at the OSU depth chart starting with QB from LGHL.
- LaQuinton Ross is putting in more effort for Matta's team and the results are slowly showing off.
- Maybe the OSU basketball team doesn't need a second scorer.
- Penn State basketball: Striving for Zero. (super nervous they beat Nebraska...)
- An actual look at the Penn State sanctions going into 2014.
- PSU's Eric Schrive earns an uplifting athlete award for his work with raising money and awareness for kidney cancer.
- I missed H&R's Video Recap of the game from Wednesday. I definitely applaud TMill for even going through with that. That was a tough one to watch as a Boiler.
- Looks like Purdue is adding the whole, 'donation-for-seats' pricing scheme but is also reducing some seats. Seems like an odd time, but I'm sure it's not a big deal.
- You know what? Good for Purdue engineers and their crazy polymers to reduce head shock to players wearing these helmets.
- A profile from B5Q of LB Recruit Garret Dooley.
- Wisconsin's prized recruit (weird use of title there) is still on board: Alec James likes this Wisconsin coaching staff.
- Wisconsin's Zach Bohannon contributes a guest post on CBSSports.com about how important trainers are.