I am totally okay with the fact that pretty much everything in this world annoys me at some level. Most of that comes from a slightly inflated sense of self, and what little bit is not directly related to the reality that many things are annoying by nature. Chief of these is this new paradigm of NEWS MEDIA SCARY TIME that we live in. Why are we naming storms? Why did everything in Omaha shut down today except my work? Why are we so lazy after we decided to name storms that we just ended up with Q instead of something awesome? All of these things annoy me.
Now that I got that off my chest, just a reminder, the best basketball game of the season - Nebrasketball hosting Iowa - will be played on Saturday and BTN would like to remind you that it will only be shown on BTN2GO, but even that is a huge nice thing they are doing and deal with it. Anyhow, that game is on Saturday now.
In other news, let's just say that zipsofakron was really well timed with his talk of Tubby needing to go. Obviously one game, or even one season necessarily, is enough reason to ask for Tubby's head on a silver platter, but the absolute pasting that was laid on the Gophers last night is not going to help his cause. I still think the Gophers are firmly in the tournament, but things are getting dicier for them in a hurry. Is this because of bad coaching? Thin bench? Lack of the stache? Lots of questions, but no answers. Anyhow, hope everyone in the midwest gets buried by snow today. On to the links.
- ICEICETHATGUY13 Brings us some insight on something... I really think we need him to start keeping a journal so we can start with coherent thoughts and during the middle of the night as more alcohol is consumed, it just keeps getting better and better. Hmmm... I sense a column.
- Yay football links! The Champaign Room brings you an update on recruiting for 2014 because recruiting is the subject that never goes away. Sounds like one of the top recruits in Illinois is not leaning towards Illinois... like at all.
- Our buddy Robert over at A Lion Eye talks about the staff changes for the Illini and provides some fairly cogent thoughts about how each coach's role plays a part in the system.
- Inside the Hall takes a look at where the Hoosiers stand as far as #1 seeding goes. It looks pretty good for them as of now.
- Sure, we are a couple days late now on the recap, but ICYMI, Indiana beat MSU. The Crimson Quarry seemed happy about the outcome.
- BHGP has their Basketball Power Rankings out and they have Iowa in the middle. I know that the Hawks have a chance at the dance as Mike pointed out on Tuesday, but they need to take care of business. I'm hoping Nebraska helps in them not taking care of business thus having wins against Iowa, Northwestern, and Penn State this year.
- The Cedar Rapids Gazette has a really cool intro of Iowa's 2013 Football Recruiting Class. I am guessing Mike might have linked to it, but I'm doing it again because I just found it and I enjoyed reading through it.
- The Only Colors was less enthused when it came to the Indiana-MSU game. This seems like the most obvious statement ever.
- More of an informational link, but Coach Izzo said that G Gary Harris had his shoulder kind of get re-aggravated in the Indiana game. "...it went out and back in and I watched it."
- First link from MnB is a short reflection on Coach Hoke going into his third year. It's really in response to an 11W article on Michigan coaches, but it's still thought provoking.
- Second link is a continuation of MnB's breakdown of the football team roster, this time looking at SAM LBs.
- A huge upside to a huge slide for the Gopher basketball team is TDG's ability to guide users on what to drink -- specifically Bourbon.
- Apparently Gregg Doyel didn't like the Tubby hire in the first place. Then again, what does Doyel actually like ever?
- So former Husker Alfonzo Dennard, now of Patriots employment, was found guilty of felony assault of an officer. It was a first offense, but sentencing could be up to six years in prison. Not so good for Mr. Dennard.
- Another CN article, Brandon Cavanaugh asks if the Zooker would be a good fit in Lincoln in the ever expanding realm of recruiting departments. All jokes aside, it would be crazy for him not to get picked up in this role by someone in the B1G.
- More recaps that I'm behind on because we take Wednesdays off from outside links: Northwestern got crushed by Wisconsin. Sippin on Purple watched Northwestern score 12 points in the first half and get destroyed. Fun times in Evanston.
- A really in-depth look by the SoP team on random off-court occurrences that have or could-have altered Carmody's career.
- Well then... Ohio State was happy last night at the Gopher's expense. I know recaps are generally just YAY WE WON but they're still fun to read at the college level. These things are always personal and I love that. Here is LGHL's take.
- Hey, while we are at it, why don't we put in 11W take too.
- Here is the StoryStream that BSD has on the never-ending, and soon to be huge, legal fight between PA and the NCAA.
- Also, here is BSD's preview of the Penn State-Illinois matchup. This game is not affected by SNOWMAGEDDON!!!
- H&R does in depth scouting of their incoming recruits... or they enjoy High School Basketball tournaments... or both. Either way, here is the article about all of these things.
- Looks like a bye week in basketball is good for the Boilers. Also, why does every picture of Painter look ridiculous?
- I enjoy that the headline at B5Q regarding the Northwestern game is that this was too easy. Of course, Northwestern scored 12 points in the first half, so maybe they're not that far off.
- Oh, hi Madtown Badgers also saying the Northwestern game was easy.