The NFL Combine is undoubtedly the most exciting (or boring) event of the NFL offseason. Running, jumping and lifting oh my! Here’s a few things about some B1G guys. Note that when I say “best” I mean at their respective positions, not overall.
- Jake Stoneburner ran the 3rd fastest 40 yard dash for a tight end at 4.65, had the 5th best vertical jump at 34.5 inches and the 5th best long jump of 116 inches.
- Reid Fragel, of Ohio State, put up 33 reps on the bench press, good for 4th among offensive linemen, had the 5th best vertical at 30 inches and the 3rd best long jump at 113 inches.
- Dion Sims had a 35 inch vertical, good for 4th among tight ends.
- Ricky Wagner, of Wisconsin, had the 3rd best vertical among offensive linemen, at 31.5 inches.
- MarQueis Gray ran 4th fastest 40 among quarterbacks at 4.73 and put up the most bench reps at 15.
- Rex Burkhead had the 2nd best vertical among running backs at 39 and the 2nd best long jump at 125 inches.
- Someone named Leon Sandcastle is blowing it up.
- James Vandenberg had the 3rd best vertical among quarterbacks at 32 inches and the 4th best long jump at 116 inches.
Defensive lineman and linebackers are going today and the combine concludes tomorrow with safety and defensive back. Also, in case you’re wondering, the fastest Big Ten running back was Le’Veon Bell, who ran a 4.60. That’s good for 16th among running backs. The fastest player is Marquise Goodwin, a wide receiver from Texas who ran a 4.27 40. Texas speed, eh? On to the links.
Michigan 71, Illinois 58: Notebook. IlliniHQ.
Of Beckman, Bellamy and the Big Ten. IlliniHQ.
Big Ten power rankings via Inside the Hall. To summarize: Indiana good, Penn State bad.
Fran Graphs, Nebraska. BHGP.
AIRBHG is not just limited to running backs. He has now taken another fullback, as Brad Rodgers is retiring due to injuries.
Jordan Morgan was in the game for 17 minutes and Michigan outscored Illinois by 25 with him on the floor. MLive.
I don’t believe Minnesota is talking about basketball anymore so uh…no links from them.
Nebraska football Sunday mailbag for 2/24/13. Corn Nation.
More on Rex Burkhead’s performance at the combine. Corn Nation.
Know your enemy of your enemy of your enemy. Or something. It’s a opponent recap from LGHL.