The tier system holds this week, even if it didn't match the results on the field. Ohio State's loss has me rethinking the Buckeyes. They still control their own destiny, win out and they go to Pasadena. But do you trust that offense to beat the Wolverines? Score at Penn State? Win against Iowa? I see them losing at least one of those three. For now, I'm projecting a 7-1 tie between Iowa and Penn State, with Iowa winning the tiebreaker. This could be a year where 6-2 wins the league, and there is a 4 way tie for the title. This race is fascinating.
Remember the rules.
- These are projections. I am taking into account what will happen in future games, not assigning teams based upon current standings.
- The best teams don't always go to the best games. In the end, butts in the seat and eyes to the television are the biggest factors.
- The order of BCS selection is 1) Replacement for #1 Team; 2) Replacement for #2 Team; 3) Orange Bowl; 4) Fiesta Bowl; 5) Sugar Bowl.
- The Champs Bowl picks its Big Ten team ahead of the Alamo Bowl this year.
- For the full rules on BCS selections, look here.