At the three week mark, we're starting to see some separation. In the Big Ten, it looks like there is a Top 4, a Middle 5, and the Indiana schools. Of course, one of those Indiana schools is two games closer to bowl eligibility than one of the middle schools, so this is all still tentative. The Iowa/Penn State game should bring a bit of clarity to the pecking order at the top.
Remember the rules.
- These are projections. I am taking into account what will happen in future games, not assigning teams based upon current standings.
- The best teams don't always go to the best games. In the end, butts in the seat and eyes to the television are the biggest factors.
- The order of BCS selection is 1) Replacement for #1 Team; 2) Replacement for #2 Team; 3) Orange Bowl; 4) Fiesta Bowl; 5) Sugar Bowl.
- The Champs Bowl picks its Big Ten team ahead of the Alamo Bowl this year.
- For the full rules on BCS selections, look here.
Iowa's defense has resulted in as many benched QBs as opponent touchdowns.
This will be updated each week. Away we go...