After Week 1, The Rivalry, Esq.'s weekly look at the bowl fates of our beloved Big Ten Squads reminds us: Don't Overreact! One game does not a season make. There was only one Big Ten result that went contrary to my predictions. Becuase of that, Illinois is moving down the ladder for me. This week, I'm going to take a good long look at Purdue, who may be better than I thought, on Saturday night and Iowa, who may be worse, on Saturday morning. Remember the rules.
- These are projections. I am taking into account what will happen in future games, not assigning teams based upon current standings.
- The best teams don't always go to the best games. In the end, butts in the seat and eyes to the television are the biggest factors.
- The order of BCS selection is 1) Replacement for #1 Team; 2) Replacement for #2 Team; 3) Orange Bowl; 4) Fiesta Bowl; 5) Sugar Bowl.
- The Champs Bowl picks its Big Ten team ahead of the Alamo Bowl this year.
- For the full rules on BCS selections, look here.