Now that we've had a chance to take a closer look at the squads...now that we know who went pro and who hung around...it's time to revisit those bowl projections.
They won't lose to Iowa State this year.
Before we start, I want to place an emphasis on the RULES FOR 2010.
- The best teams don't always go to the best games. In the end, butts in the seat and eyes to the television are the biggest factors. (This isn't new)
- The order of BCS selection is 1) Replacement for #1 Team; 2) Replacement for #2 Team; 3) Sugar Bowl; 4) Orange Bowl; 5) Fiesta Bowl. (This is new)
- If a Big Ten or Pac-10 team qualifies for the BCS Championship Game, the Rose Bowl will be required to take a non-automatic qualifier. This will only be required of the Rose Bowl the first time it occurs over the next four years. (This is new and huge)
- The Gator Bowl picks its Big Ten team ahead of the Insight Bowl this year. It will rotate the other way next year. (This is new)
- For the full rules on BCS selections, look here.