It has been well documented on the interweb that Iowa has had more attrition at RB than any one team should, going so far as to most all of us just believing in AIRBHG and its omnipotent, despotic rule. However, as a Nebraska fan (and really I'm guessing most all fans in the B1G), it's more funny in a LOL way than funny in a, "ZOMG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP," way. However, if you are one Montee Ball (That's MON-TAY) Ball, you've gotta ask yourself what the hell is going on.
Yesterday, Iowa released RB De'Andre Johnson for two incidents in one week. The first was a disorderly house, which to be honest, just sounds like he was a normal college student who made the rookie mistake of actually hosting a party instead of just attending one. In the scheme of things, he would be running stairs and holding KF's coffee in the morning, but no big deal. Then, as Mike Jones pointed out here, he did the even dumber thing and eluded arrest after getting clocked at 60 in a 25. Of course, he also lied to the officer and tried to ditch his motorcycle as well, so there's that. That probably was not a good idea and AIRBHG has another victim officially.
But that is old news. I mean, getting kicked off the team isn't, but the whole thing just reeked of bad decision making. What really is crazy is this whole Montee Ball incident. I mean, seriously... According to the WWL, Ball was walking around 2:15 in the morning (first mistake really), and all of a sudden five guys just jumped him for no good reason. I am relieved to hear that some people came to his aid quickly, but two hours in the hospital and a concussion later, we're kind of all stuck with this gross feeling about the whole incident. Now, I do not know a ton about Madison, and I've heard this was a sketchy part of a town. Still, this is a stud RB who is going to play on Sundays in a year and could be a Heisman winner. I cannot fathom this happening to that high profile a player anywhere else, but for some reason Mr. Ball has the worst luck ever.
Either way, we here at OTE wish him a speedy recovery and hope that the morons who jumped him get caught. Come on people, violence never solves anything. Ugh... On to the links.
- CBS Sports does a breakdown of the Illini schedule. The must-see matchup? Northwestern.
- LGHL does an in-depth look at the Indiana Hoosiers... suffers breakdown in the process.
- The Top 5 Hoosier draft prospects. Seriously.
- BHGP takes a look at the five things to watch for on defense in Fall Camp.
- Iowa awaits a decision by Akeel Lynch on whether he's going to leave Penn State or not. For his ACL/Criminal Record's sake, I'd kindly advise him to stay where he is at.
- DC Greg Mattison says Michigan is his final job.
- MnB previews Michigan, which makes sense, right?
- The Orlando Sentinel previews Michigan State, which makes less sense.
- An interview with Minnesota DC Tracy Claeys on what it takes to make the Gopher defense better.
- A press release from the new HD Replay team at TCF.
- Rex Burkhead rep is great on the field and off the field.
- Husker Mike looks at five reasons why the Huskers will not be better in 2012.
- LTP sits down with The Daily Gopher guys to talk about the Northwestern-Minnesota matchup.
- Class of 2014 OSU QB recruit Drew Barker takes an interview with Eleven Warriors about his Friday Night Lights experience.
- SBNation gives OSU the video treatment in their 2012 preview.
- BOB uses his NFL experience to keep kids interested in the Penn State program.
- BSD gives Nebraska their preview treatment with Too Much Information.
- Rob Henry is recovering, but he wishes he wasn't third string.
- Hammer and Rails looks at the RB situation at Purdue going into the season.
- Wisconsin OL preview. New line, same as the old line? Yeah, probably.