A few things about That School In South Bend that are fake:
- Manti Te'o's girlfriend, her death within hours of his grandmother's, her car accident, her leukemia, how they met....really, about 99% of the "inspirational" Manti Te'o Heisman campaign (as reported here by Deadspin).
- Any journalist fact-checking regarding Notre Dame (see again: the lack of any fact-checking on the story about Te'o's girlfriend).
- The "Win One for the Gipper" quote -- it never happened.
- 99% of the movie Rudy, according to Irish-legend Joe Montana.
- The pronunciation of "Theismann."
- George O'Leary's resume.
A few things about That School in South Bend that are true:
- Declan Sullivan is dead after Brian Kelly and the football staff put him up in a tower during a storm.
- Lizzy Seeberg committed suicide after she reported a sexual assault by a Notre Dame football player, and Notre Dame never investigated it.
- That Lizzy Seeberg is far from alone at being a victim of sexual assault by Notre Dame football players whose story was never fully investigated.
- That there are plenty of reasons to hate this university, its leadership, and their insufferable fans/players/coaches.