I had a brilliant idea a few weeks ago that I would recap all of our preview pieces from last year. Then Spring football happened all of a sudden and our team decided that we should scrap that and move right back to previews. If you don't remember what we did last year, feel free to go look at my awesomely titled, "Spring-ing to the Top" series from 2013. This is a pretty self-explanatory thing. We look at current rosters and look to project who the Top 5 or so players will be at a myriad of positions/specialties. Then we give the series a silly titles with a play on the word spring - this year we're going with Spring Fling, because, uh, well, because.
So that's that. Here are some quick housekeeping items:
- In general, I do not plan to project incoming freshmen to these lists. Mostly because I do not know any of them, and outside of saying, "247 thought this kid looked like a grown man," I cannot and will not really have decent insight on how they'll play in the B1G.
- With that said... no, we do not watch football. It's an obvious flaw to be a football blogging site, but you only have so much time in your day between lawyering (mostly... I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV), making ridiculous pictures with MS Word, and all of the tasks associated with eating Runzas.
- We will hopefully be pushing these out three times a week for the foreseeable future, but withhold the right to do whatever it is we want to do with that schedule. If we break into our coverage of Spring Fling to talk about your new NCAA Basketball Champions, the Nebrasketball Cornhuskers... well, deal with it.
- We do plan on adding Rutgers and Maryland to this arrangement. No, that does not mean we will do a good job recognizing players from either team.
- When we get to defense, I will overemphasize tackles and get yelled at for it.