Things stay relatively similar for the Big Ten after Week 14. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll all find something to argue about.
6. Ohio State
5. Michigan State
- Wisconsin wasn't forgiven for losing to Northwestern. Good. I would still take the Badgers--grudgingly--over Navy, but no complaints there.
- Northwestern jumping Michigan will likely be a controversial thing, given Michigan's 38-0 rout of the 'Cats back in early October. I assume this means the committee is weighting recent performances more heavily. Selfishly, I can't complain about that.
- Looks like Michigan's fall of only 5 places says the committee values Ohio State's strength more than Michigan's loss.
- Notre Dame should have fallen farther for losing to Stanford. Then again, neither Baylor nor TCU should be that high for their abortion of a football game, so maybe I'm just bitter.
- With Ohio State moving up to #6 and Florida down at #18, I can see the Buckeyes making the playoff IF: (1) Michigan State wins, and (2) 'Bama falls to Florida. Ready to watch the South burn (again) if that happens. And, to be honest, I could see it happening. Florida will be a huge underdog to Zombie 'Bama, but never count them out.
- Thanks for playing, PAC-12.
- The Big Ten should probably be thankful about the #4 slot...they're not passing OU, and I'd rather play Clemson than 'Bama.