Well, Western Michigan survived a scare from Kent State, but everyone’s favorite MAC daddy is still rowing its way to the Cotton Bowl. How’s the rest of the College Football Playoff ranking looking?
Second Rankings: Complete #CFBPlayoff Top 25 pic.twitter.com/fADEfQ1nXz— CFBPlayoff (@CFBPlayoff) November 9, 2016
- LSU loses by 10 to #1 Alabama and drops UMPTEEN spots. Texas A&M loses by 7 to unranked Mississippi State and stays in the Top 10. Yeah, sure, this checks out.
- Boise State just lurking, waiting for a Western Michigan slip-up. Too bad this is the Broncos’ year.
- I guess it’s...encouraging that Ohio State is #5?
- It’s more encouraging for those of you that want to see the Big Ten in the playoff that Wisconsin is slotted in at #7. Win out, as the Badgers should, and upset Michigan in the conference championship, and the Big Ten’s still got a rep.
- Albeit one that’ll get clowned by Bama.
- Don’t look now, but Auburn ahead of Penn State would mean that we’d have a Tigers-Broncos matchup in the Cotton Bowl. Time to bump everyone back down in the Bowl Projections.
- That means Nebraska (oof, by the way) goes back west. Maybe vs. Colorado in the Holiday Bowl!
What are your takeaways from the CFP Rankings?