UPDATE: 2:40PM ET, “NY”6 Announced
Peach Bowl - CFP Semifinal
Dec. 31, 2016 || Alabama Crimson Tide vs Washington Huskies || 3:30pm ET
Fiesta Bowl - CFP Semifinal
Dec. 31, 2016 || Ohio State Buckeyes vs Clemson Tigers || 7:00pm ET
Dec. 30, 2016 || Michigan Wolverines vs. Florida State Seminoles || 8:00pm ET
Jan. 2, 2016 || Western Michigan Boatrowers vs. Wisconsin Badgers || 1:00pm ET
Jan. 2, 2016 || USC Trojans vs. Penn State Nittany Lions || 5:00pm ET
Jan. 2, 2016 || Auburn vs. Oklahoma || 8:30pm ET
- Ohio State
The rules are clear. Win your conference OR be Ohio State.
Selection Sunday is here! At 12:00pm ET, the College Football Playoff Selection show will begin. At approximately 12:30pm ET the playoff will be unveiled followed by the NY6 Bowls and then the remaining Top 25 over the following 3.5 hours. Who do you have? Here is a rundown of those with a shot:
- Alabama Crimson Tide - LOCK. 1 seed. They are going to the Peach Bowl.
- Ohio State Buckeyes - Iffy but is most likely in given the committee’s attitude towards their one loss. They could drop to a 4 seed from their last ranking of 2.
- Clemson Tigers - Should be a lock. Clemson won the ACC Championship and their only mishap was a Clemsoning to Pitt that the committee didn’t ding them too far for.
- Washington Huskies - Iffy. They should be in but the one loss to USC is a cause for concern given the SoS weakness.
- Penn State Nittany Lions - Biggest challenger to Washington or Ohio State’s spot given their H2H win over the Buckeyes and quality wins that Washington doesn’t have.
- Michigan Wolverines - Probably Orange Bowl bound, or so “rumors” have it.
- Oklahoma Sooners - They won the Big 12 title outright, going undefeated in conference play. They will be in a NY6 bowl but the playoff hope is dead with Clemson and Washington winning.
Who do you guys have? My prediction is:
- Ohio State
- Penn State - Committee shocks everyone and puts two B1G teams in due to SoS and quality wins aspect over Washington.