We've got 'em listed for you in fractional (i.e. 2:1 means you bet one dollar to win two) and percentage odds (just use the odds converter if you're confused), along with some thoughts for each division:
- 2:1 for a team coming off (granted) an unlucky but still unimpressive 6-7 campaign? Get those sweet, sweet Nebraska bets, Vegas. [Note to OTE readers: This is a bad bet. Do not do it.]
- Not knowing what last year's line was, it's almost a little disconcerting to see Ohio State at only even money. Really buying into the HARBAUGH mystique and Michigan's schedule, eh?
- Also do not bet on Northwestern. I know, 9:1 is a sexy teaser. Just save yourself the loss. It's not The Year. It's never The Year.
- There's a healthy amount of #disrespekt for Michigan State and a fair bit of #pleasewastemoneyonus for Penn State, as per usual. I think it might be worth the bet on Sparty, but I'm not coming near Happy Valley. [This is also a general rule for life.]
- I wanted to be more upset about Iowa (noted "12-0 clownfraud trash" Iowa) at even money...but given a crossover schedule against @Rutgers, @Penn State, and Michigan while Wisconsin finally has to play a real schedule, I guess even money makes sense.
B1G and National Odds
|B1G and Nat'l Championship|
- Well, there's the "Big Ten East triumphant" narrative, borne out in betting odds. Even a Michigan State bet, which is paying 6:1 to get them out of the East in the first place, still has better odds than even money Iowa winning the Big Ten Championship.
- If anyone's got a chip on their shoulder here, it should definitely be Iowa fans. No one I know is seriously taking Northwestern to win it all, and while Wisconsin has a...mixed record in the conference championship, somewhere in the 12-15:1 range seems about right for a program of their caliber.
- Nebraska is still a sucker's bet.
- Penn State as a 18:1 pick to win the conference...jeez. See: Nebraska, betting on.
- HALF A PERCENT CHANCE FOR NORTHWESTERN TO WIN IT ALL YESSSSSSSSS SUCK IT NITS
Let us know your thoughts and which bets you're taking in the comments!