Here ya go, I’m sure this won’t cause any consternation among some of our more nit-picky crowd. Don’t care. You’re wrong.
Seems like the human polls weigh the bowls a lot more heavily than the rest of the season, so when you see a lot of upsets in bowl season you see a bunch of changes. However, they were upsets for a reason, and the better team doesn’t always win.
- OSU Michigan, though the difference is pretty stark. that’s a pretty big drop in rating.
- Again, though only 2 ordinal places separate them, it’s about 4 rating points. That puts the B1G champs 4th in the conference. Deal with it. The Massey Composite agrees.
- And here we have a MASSIVE chasm until we get to UNL, Minnesota, and Iowa; and though Iowa beat both of those teams (WOO!!), they did get beat down by FL, and had some worse losses that bring them down.
- Good bowl showing by jNW, but still a bit behind those other 3.
- Another pretty big break in tiers here until we get to Indiana. I do want to say farewell to #CHAOSTEAM, though. You had a good run. Enjoy your punting.
- Maryland, you lost to BC, you were a bad team, in fact, you were the worst P5 team that went bowling. Congrats.
- Congrats, MSU, you were better than Iowa State.
- Think it’s going to be a long, hard, slog for Lovie Smith to get Illinois to respectability. I think he CAN do it, though, I do wonder how much he wants to.
- Purdue, that is one hell of a hire, congrats! You’re still bad.
- rutger, you should feel bad. Go away, this was an embarrassment of a football team. I’m not really sure there has been a worse football team in the conference in a long time.
- Yes, Alabama is still #1. This makes sense if you’ve watched college football all season.
- Brohm is a hell of a coach.
- LSU, 8 win team in the top 15, though, the did play one fewer game, and would have certainly gotten to 9 without affecting their overall rating much at all.
- Speaking of good 8 win teams, Auburn had some really lousy luck this year.
- App St. appears to have made the transition to FBS rather smoothly.
- Which brings me to ODU, who has to be one of the worst 10 win teams ever.
- Iowa is totally losing to Wyoming next season.
- 8 wins for Army, 9 wins for Idaho.
- Here is where I remind everyone that fuck Notre Dame went 4-8.
- UCLA started the year in the top 25, and Jim Mora didn’t consider hiring a spread offensive coordinator because he said that no spread team had ever won a national championship.
Average Rating = 30.96
Standard Deviation = 17.61
- Elite = 66.18 (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State)
- Garbage = -4.26 (Texas State)
Yes, the SEC is, by far, still the best conference in all the land.