First, a thought from John Gasaway:
Given what we now know about Purdue and Ohio State, the B1G would look ridiculously strong if Minnesota and Northwestern both performed to preseason expectations.— John Gasaway (@JohnGasaway) January 31, 2018
This has been a thought from John Gasaway.
I don’t really know what that was supposed to prove, other than my goodness, the Big Ten is bad and likely will manage just 4 teams in the NCAA Tournament.
Do you not take my word for it? Enjoy this flesh-melting table of the conference’s bracketology and RPI:
- Let’s get it out of the way up top: “Strong CBI Contender” is one of the saddest sentences I have ever seen in print in the English language.
- Turns out fucking no one wants the Maryland Terrapins.
- Intriguing that the two more established bracketologists like the Michigan State Spartans higher in the seeding, while the Matrix and RPI are less than convinced. Will reputation bounce Sparty a rung higher than they deserve?
- Purdue is a consensus #1 seed. I’m sure that will go well.
- After Michigan’s 58-47 “romp” over Northwestern, I’m already cringing at what a game against Syracuse would look like.
- Nebraska’s “rebounding” against Tacko Fall. Sure.
- Don’t worry, Ohio State. Nothing goes wrong against Middle Tennessee in a 5-12 game.