In a sexy match up of top 10 teams, the Ohio State Buckeyes knocked off the Loyola-Chicago men’s volleyball team.
Well, on the surface it just means that Ohio State won a volleyball game and is really good in a variety of sports. But we here at Off Tackle Empire love to dig below the surface, and aren’t always beholden to facts. We like to crunch numbers, do calculations, look for trends, and then pull garbage out of our ass.
Well, maybe not the other “writers” here, because most of them have some sense of credibility, but I certainly like to play voodoo sports.
Does this win mean anything in the basketball final 4? Let’s first take a look at what we can all agree on.
- Ohio State hates the Michigan Wolverines
- Michigan hates Ohio State
- Volleyball is kind of like basketball because there is a ball, and it’s played indoors
- Plenty of people think Ohio State and Loyola-Chicago can win in volleyball while no sane person thought Michigan or the Ramblers would have made it this far in basketball
Now let’s take what we don’t know, but suspect, shake the chicken bones, and try to predict the future.
- Hate is bad
- Volleyball and basketball are good
- People are dumb
- The world is crazy
- Michigan has to lose because I wish it to happen
I don’t know about you, but after reading all this, any sane person would see that Michigan is going to lose. Or realize it’s a shameless SEO headline designed to steal clicks for a volleyball article, or yet another chance for the OTE comments section to throw their two cents in on the final four.
Let’s do a poll!
Will Michigan Make the Finals in the basketball?
This poll is closed
Analytics say yes
Analytics say no
The Chicken Bones have spoken and they say yes
The Chicken Bones have spoken and they say no
Get professional help