Preseason polls are dumb.
The Top 25
- Alabama Crimson Tide (42)
- Clemson Tigers (18)
- Georgia Bulldogs
- Wisconsin Badgers (1)
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Washington Huskies
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Miami-Florida Hurricanes
- Auburn Tigers
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- Michigan State Spartans
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Stanford Cardinal
- Michigan Wolverines, who went 8-5 and embarrassingly lost their bowl game
- USC Trojans
- TCU Horned Frogs
- West Virginia Mountaineers
- Mississippi St. Bulldogs
- Florida State Seminoles
- Virginia Tech Hokies
- UCF Knights
- Boise State Broncos
- Texas Longhorns, who are definitely back this time
- Oregon Ducks
- LSU Tigers
Also Receiving Votes
South Carolina Gamecocks (96), Florida Gators who just fired Jim McElwain (68), Utah Utes (60), Oklahoma State Cowboys (51), Florida Atlantic Owls (38), Arizona Wildcats (28), N.C. State Wolfpack (22), Texas A&M Aggies (21), Boston College Eagles (18), Northwestern Wildcats (13), Kansas State Wildcats (10), Iowa St. Cyclones (8), Houston Cougars (6), Memphis Tigers (3), Troy Trojans (2), Iowa Hawkeyes (2), Kentucky Wildcats (1), Arkansas State Red Wolves (1), Fresno State Bulldogs (1).
Things I Am Extremely Here For:
- Iowa receiving as many votes as Troy.
- Your Team not receiving* as many votes as My Team
*does not apply to fans of wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Michigan
3. FAU getting some love because dammit, I want the Lane Train to keep rolling
Things I Am Extremely Not Here For:
- Boston College somehow getting more votes than Northwestern in a poll that does not, to my knowledge, factor Extreme Dude-ness into rankings
- North fucking Carolina State? Are you kidding me? I’M SO NOT MAD ABOUT THIS, INTERNET
- wisconsin getting a first-place vote. Stop encouraging them, voter.
- South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi State, because...SEC?
- Texas. Jesus. Stop trying to make fetch happen.
- Top 15 Michigan, for which I will now list all the reasons Michigan should be in the Top 15