We’ve already previewed Indiana and Purdue on the new Off Tackle Empire Blocking Chargecast—now let’s take a decidedly more dichromatic approach. This episode, MC ClapYoHandz stops by to help me work through some football-related angst and preview the Wisconsin Badgers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, and Ohio State Buckeyes.
- 1:45: In a post-Ethan Happ world, is the word to describe Wisconsin “transitional”? Looking back at the 2018-19 season.
- 7:41: Speaking of Ethan Happ! Can Nate Reuvers replace him? And Khalil Iverson? And Charlie Thomas? (Or should we expect things out of Brad Davison and D’Mitrik Trice?)
- 12:04: The NCAA Wheel’O’Eligibility remains dumb and bad and what will Micah Potter being out mean for the Badgers?
- 14:36: Some early minefields, from an early trip to Sioux Falls to see St. Mary’s to the yearly matchup with Marquette and Markus Howard...
- 18:05: Previewing the Badgers’ B1G slate, including the Indiana Hoosiers’ impotence in the Kohl Center!
- 23:20: Best- and worst-case scenarios for the Badgers in 2019-20.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- 31:15: Did the transfer of captain and leader Eugene Omoruyi dent a lot of the Scarlet Knights’ enthusiasm? Or is this part of the process of building Steve Pikiell’s identity for the program?
- 37:30: The program outlook for Rutgers—where do they rank in the B1G? (Hint: It’s not last.)
- 42:10: THIS SCHEDULE. GOD. Outside a Big Ten/ACC Challenge matchup with Pitt, do Niagara or NJIT do anything for you? No? Just the home matchup with Seton Hall?
- 44:35: Avoiding double-plays with Michigan State and Ohio State helps the Knights, but are there enough wins on this Big Ten schedule to give Rutgers a fighting chance?
- 49:30: Best-case scenarios, including progress from Geo Baker and Montez Mathis; worst-case scenarios, including...well, it’s Rutgers.
Ohio State Buckeyes
- 51:15: The Buckeyes still slipped into the NCAA Tournament despite losing Keita Bates-Diop and weathering a missed recruiting class. Can they do it again?
- 56:43: After Kaleb Wesson, can Luther Muhammad and Duane Washington Jr. do enough to vault the Buckeyes into the top four?
- 1:03:00: Opening at Cincinnati, going to North Carolina, matchups with Villanova and Kentucky and West Virginia...and still not the best non-conference schedule in the conference.
- 1:04:30: Could OSU @ MSU on the last day of the season decide the Big Ten?
- 1:09:40: Best-, worst-case scenarios for the Buckeyes, too.
- :30: A shout-out to the Ashwaubenon Jaguars!
- 44:16: What a juice cleanse schedule looks like