Here’s your thread for the night of basketball. Indiana’s playing! I guess that’s exciting!
NCAA Tournament First Four
 Prairie View A&M Panthers vs.  Fairleigh Dickinson Knights
5:40pm | TruTV | FDU -2 | O/U 149
 Temple Owls vs.  Belmont Bruins
8:10pm | TruTV | Bel -3 | O/U 155
Watch Temple-Belmont so you know if you should pick Maryland or Belmont to advance to the Round of 32. That’s about all I’ve got.
B1G in the NIT
 Indiana Hoosiers vs.  St. Francis (PA) Red Flash
6pm | ESPN | IU -18 | O/U 147
We might be back to talk a little more how Nebraska is pretty openly flirting with Fred Hoiberg before finishing the season or firing Tim Miles...it feels pretty shitty to me, but I’m not Bill Moos.
In the meantime, the Hoosiers are devaluing Assembly Hall by playing host to up to three games in the National Invitational Tournament, with a potential three-fer of the Red Flash, either Providence or Arkansas, and regional final with the other side of the bracket, headed by 2-seed Clemson and 3-seed Furman.
The Red Flash are here thanks to their winning the Northeast Conference regular season over NCAA Tournament 16-seed Fairleigh Dickinson by virtue of going 2-0 against NEC fourth-place team Robert Morris (FDU went 1-1) but losing the conference championship final to the Knights. That’s Fairleigh Dickinson, in case you’re not up on the mascots of the NEC. Shame on you.
But yeah. Anyways, SFPA is...well, they’re really bad. Like, really really bad. 261st in Kenpom, with a bottom-30 defense and slightly above-average pace and offense. On the other hand, they crash the boards with enthusiasm (20th in total orebs), led by junior G Keith Braxton (16.2 ppg, 9.8 rpg), and don’t turn the ball over a ton.
I’ve written 200 words on Indiana-St. Francis (PA) in the NIT. That’s far too many.
Other games to watch?
 South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs.  Texas Longhorns
8pm | ESPN | Texas -8.5 | O/U 152
 Loyola-Chicago Ramblers vs.  Creighton Bluejays
8pm | ESPNU | Creighton -8.5 | O/U 136
 Colorado Buffaloes vs.  Dayton Flyers
10pm | ESPN2 | Colorado -4.5 | O/U 139
ESPN’s actually got a pretty good slate of ‘em tonight. I’ll be going from IU-SFPA to Temple-Belmont, but I’m going to have an eye (or a laptop) on South Dakota State heading to Austin to visit Texas. I don’t know that Mike Daum & Co. can handle the Shaka Smart Havoc Experience, but with rumors that Smart’s on the way out, we might have a Longhorns club that’s not really...into it.
I’ll give Loyola one more chance, if just because I’m hoping Porter Moser will be the next coach of Northwestern.
And who am I to ignore 10pm basketball? I won’t squint too hard at Dayton visiting Colorado.
- The CBI is sponsored by Roman, which is notably, like, Viagra but over-the-counter or online or something? Nothing like a postseason tournament sponsored by erectile dysfunction medicine.
- The CIT has 26 teams! I know you’re thinking “but why 26?!” (OK, you’re thinking “shut up about the fucking CIT,” but fuck off, it’s my article.) I have no idea. But the top 3 seeds, apparently, will get a bye after round 1. A very professional tournament!
- All these games are online, respectively, through home teams’ conference streaming services or watchcit.com.
- I still miss the Vegas 16 which was really the Vegas 8.
- MY Drake Bulldogs head to Southern Utah on Friday night. Go Drake.