We’ve got a lot to cover today, but here’s the long and the short of it: Minnesota basically put themselves in the NCAA Tournament, saying that Iowa is reeling is an insult to...I don’t know, someone who makes fishing equipment?
Whatever. Lots to do, little time to do it.
B1G Talking Points
- No noticeable change at the top, though I guess we’ve traded out Loyola-Michigan State for Wright State-Sparty. That’s less fun. Guess they’ll play it out, Michigan-vs.-Michigan State, this weekend.
- Feels like it’ll take two straight upsets or winning the B1G to get Purdue off the 3-line. They’re boxed in by the Michigans above.
- I am falling asleep thinking about Vermont-wisconsin. Speaking of, that Vermont upset of Syracuse is 14 years old. Holy shit. Can you remember/name a single player from that team? I don’t recall Vermont having an Ali Farokhmanesh-type player.
- You’re a Maryland fan: (1) My condolences. (2) Pick the combination of First Four teams you would be most and least terrified of facing. I’d be least scared of Temple and someone like St. Mary’s. You?
- To the point: Rank Minnesota above Iowa. I’d guess they’re about 3-4 places apart in most sane rankings (what the hell, Jerry Palm...Iowa as a 7?!), and it should definitely be taken into consideration that the Hawks are just an unmitigated disaster. If Minnesota does it against Maryland or Iowa falls at Nebraska, it should happen.
- If you are a Zombie Indiana fan, root for these teams to lose this weekend and/or early in their conference tournaments: N.C. State, Alabama, Temple, Clemson, Furman, Arizona State, TCU, St. Mary’s Gaels.
- Nebraska is finally off the NIT consideration list; Penn State is holding on.
- Rutgers for CBI!
Have fun with that! Vote, comment, etc.
NOW how many teams does the Big Ten get into the NCAA Tournament?
This poll is closed
7: Minnesota’s in, Ohio State and Indiana are out.
8: Minnesota’s in, Indiana sneaks in, Ohio State’s out
8: Minnesota’s in, Ohio State holds on, Indiana’s out
9: Everyone makes it!
Other—but if you vote for this one and don’t explain yourself in the comments, you consent to MNW banning you.