The Associated Press just released their preseason top 25 poll. Let’s take a look at how ridiculous this is.
Preseason AP Top 25 Poll
Some Random Thoughts:
- Clemson vs. Bama, round whatever. Who cares about the mythical national championship? Boring.
- OSU gonna somehow convince themselves they’re in the same class.
- Michigan somehow seems both properly rated and vastly overrated. I mean, there’s no way they compete for a championship, but they’ll still be good.
- Voters a bit cautious of Penn State. Wouldn’t surprised at a drop from here, either.
- A lot of faith in the MSU and wisconsin after disappointing years last year. I, uh, have my doubts.
- Wildly underrated Iowa Hawkeyes here. Yes, I’ll go wait for you to double-check the byline.
- And people call Franklin coach hype. UNL out here cracking preseason top 25s after a losing season like Notre Dame.
- But where, oh where, is the defending West Division champion? Oh, I see. There’s jNW, in the others receiving votes along with Minnesota (who really is more deserving of being ranked than at least UNL and wisconsin, probably).
- Overall the Big Ten put 7 teams in the top 25, the most of any conference. Suck it, SEC.
Most overrated team in the preseason top 25?
This poll is closed
Fuck Notre Dame
No, I’m not going to give you an Iowa option.