Good morning. How are you?
I have a trunk full of beer from Moorhead and Bismarck, a call to help plan out a new (temporary) spring job, and...have been informed that “when it dries out around 1” I will be emptying the hoses and getting leaves off the ground.
So that’s fun.
Last night’s football was excellent, but it could not have ended worse. Tulane probably should’ve gotten in field goal range to upset SMU at home, but a false start moved them out of range, and a Michael Pratt INT in overtime allowed the Ponies to set up play-by-play announcer nightmare K Chris Naggar for a game-winning FG.
Following that, the BYU Cougars marched into Houston and moved their College Football Playoff odds up to a whole 10% with a fourth-quarter dismantling of the Houston Cougars, turning a 26-21 deficit into a laugher of a 43-26 final margin. This team is led by QB Zach Wilson and WR Dax Milne, yes, they look every bit as Utah and punchable as those name implies, and damn if they don’t sling it around effectively. Wilson was 25/35 for 400 and 4 TDs, with 3 of those to Milne (9 for 184)—and making it more tough to dislike them, BYU recovered a slapper of an onside kick at the end of Q3, then scored on a cheeky little shovel pass to distance themselves from the Tigers in Q4.
All that looks to be left from forcing us to discuss whether BYU should be CFP-bound is a November 6 night game at Boise State—or we’re relying on Brady Hoke and the San Diego State Aztecs in the curtain-dropper.
So there’s that.
Here’s your open thread for the day. I’m too lazy to c/p all the games, so you can have the table from DWT;WT.
Some games of note:
- Apparently Cincinnati-Tulsa succumbed to coronavirus, meaning we’re down to one “Watch That” game this morning...Texas State at South Alabama. Maybe a nice walk or something.
- The over/under on Ole Miss-Arkansas is up to 76.5, and the UCF-Memphis tilt is up to 75. Gonna be some points this afternoon, y’all.
- We’ve got no “It’s late and I’m drunk” action and now we’ve also lost two night games (Southern Miss-UTEP and FIU-Charlotte), so it’s basically JUST Georgia-Alabama. Thankfully, if ESPN’s 30 different previews and guides to this game are any indication, this will be a real Red Sox-Yankees type of showdown, so there’ll be football on well into the 11pm CT hour.
- Oh, and reading this nugget from ckstevenson in the DWT;WT comments...
A find via @MattBrownEP, which he dropped in the Extra Points room in @MoonCrewLLC Discord yesterday:— Alex Kirshner (@alex_kirshner) October 15, 2020
UMass is getting a $60k guarantee to play Georgia Southern this week. That's like 15% of the usual amount, and I've never chartered a plane but isn't chartering like half that?
...anyone else picturing Walt Bell as Cecil Tunt from Archer?
He is the world’s worst negotiator. (And I can’t wait to watch the ritual disemboweling of UMass.)
Dead Read says there are rules:
1) No pirated streams or discussion about pirated streams.
2) Don’t be a jackass.
3) Have fun.
4) Please be sensible with image sizes.
Enjoy the games.