Hooray, more College Football Playoff rankings, and they’re just as stupid as ever.
4. Ohio State Buckeyes
11. Indiana Hoosiers
12. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
13. USC Trojans
14. Northwestern Wildcats
16. Iowa Hawkeyes
17. BYU Cougars
18. Miami Fluoride Hurricanes
19. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns
20. Texas Longhorns
21. Oklahoma State Cowboys
22. N.C. State Wolfpack
23. Tulsa Golden Hurricane
24. San Jose State Spartans
25. Colorado Buffaloes
B1G and Other Thoughts
- Great, congrats, Ohio State gets the prestige of beating Northwestern for the Big Ten Championship.
- Florida loses and drops one fucking spot. Just annex Ohio State, SEC, and we can go back to not giving a shit about any of this. Let the other 13 teams play for the Rose Bowl berth. I don’t want to bother with caring about these assholes. Lose at home to unranked LSU—no matter how shoe-throwing stupid it might’ve been—and drop one spot just so the committee doesn’t have to come to terms with overranked Georgia (or any of the SEC teams, for that matter).
and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.— wint (@dril) December 29, 2014
- Notre Dame beats Clemson, Ohio State beats Northwestern, Iowa State beats Oklahoma in the Big XII Championship. The Cyclones should be in, right? (I know they won’t be. This is all so motherfucking stupid.)
- Oh wait, oh wait, that’s right, that’s two-loss Iowa State. And apparently The Athletic writer Nicole Auerbach had some questions about that:
Who was on the CFP teleconference and can tell me who our hero is? pic.twitter.com/V0X9qg6JuB— Conor O'Neill (@ConorONeillNOO) December 16, 2020
- All that happens, save the last one—and Cincinnati beats Tulsa. The Bearcats should have been in, right? Instead they fall to #9. behind three two-loss teams. Oh, and Tim Brando—I know, right?—has thoughts:
Committee in the @CFBPlayoff is no longer even subtle about their Power 5 Bias! Absolutely CORRUPT! @GatorsFB loses to a 3-5 LSU team at home and drops 1 spot! @GeorgiaFootball over rated since the jump, and @GoBearcatsFB keep dropping? There’s no I repeat NOTHING but corruption!— Tim Brando (@TimBrando) December 16, 2020
- Somehow Texas A&M is the winner of the last round of realignment. I dunno. Me neither.
- Come to think of it, how the fuck is Iowa State #6 despite having two losses?!
- Rank the Chants (higher), you cowards.
Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati would be completely justified in declining bowl bids, scheduling a game together and then declaring the winner the national champion— patrick mayhorn (@patrick_mayhorn) December 16, 2020
- I would’ve thought Miami and Florida both losing—along with Indiana being inactive—would push Northwestern up a spot or two, but it remains “win and in” for the ‘Cats to show up in an NY6 bowl. That’s kind of a bummer, given Northwestern’s profile, but whatever. I blame Gary Barta.
- Doubtful, but I’d be mildly amused to see Indiana rest their way to an NY6 bowl—say, if Coastal or Cincinnati (or Oklahoma) were to lose.
- Speaking of Barta, it would’ve been infuriating had Northwestern lost to Ohio State, Iowa beaten Michigan, and the Hawkeyes—who deserve nothing for starting their season shit and slow—jumped the ‘Cats as Barta slaps the ass of his secretary and thanks her for the cup of coffee.
- Go San Jose State.
Off to die mad about it; have a good night.