This is a The Big Game blog.
The Big Game starts at 5:30pm CT. You already knew that, but the roles of SEO and content-making dictate that I have to tell you that. If you clicked here to learn that, what the hell is the matter with you? This is a Big Ten football blog!
Some people in The Big Game went to Big Ten schools. In keeping with the idea of this being, nominally, a Big Ten football blog and also because you might have heard we care immensely about SEO and PPC and REM and OAR and N*SYNC and whoever else was in that law firm from Parks and Rec, here they are:
Red and Gold team:
- C.J. Beathard (Iowa Hawkeyes)
- Nick Bosa (more like Nick Gross-a)
- Tevin Coleman (Indiana Hoosiers)
- Kevin Givens (Penn State Nittany Lions)
- Robbie Gould (also Penn State)
- Kyle Juszczyk (Harvard Crimson, which is not in the Big Ten but otherwise the announcers certainly won’t make mention of this fact, not even once)
- George Kittle (also misused at Iowa)
- Raheem Mostert (Purdue Boilermakers, a fact I did not learn until two days ago)
- Jaquiski Tartt (Samford, just has a great name)
- Anthony Zettel (Penn State, too)
- Garrett Celek (Michigan State Spartans, is injured)
- Ross Reynolds (Iowa, practice squad)
- Jacob Thieneman (allegedly Purdue, practice squad)
Iowa St. Cyclones-colored team:
- Nick Allegretti (Illinois Fighting Illini, really?)
- Frank Clark (Michigan Wolverines, good for them, about time things looked up)
- Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (McGill Redmen, the first team ever to play a college football game)
- Chad Henne (no way, you’re actually fucking kidding me)
- Anthony Hitchens (seriously, Iowa should’ve at least won a Big Ten championship or a Rose Bowl with all these players it’s almost like they’re being underused at Iowa or something)
- Darron Lee (an Ohio State Buckeye!)
- Jordan Lucas (Penn State, could not tell you who this is)
- Ben Niemann (another Iowa are you serious)
- Damien Wilson (Minnesota Golden Gophers, good for them)
- Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State, huh)
- Felton Davis III (Michigan State, reserve or something)
- Mike Weber (also Ohio State)
I would count up how many players here are on Big Ten teams, but I honestly can’t count that high and you don’t really care anyways. Count them and put it in the comments and I’ll add it and credit you.
You might also read a clickbaity article later on some Iowa graduate being better than Tom Brady or a Michigan State quarterback never winning a Superb Owl. I’m sorry.
tell me your favorite recipe in the comments as i, a bad friend, have still not come up with a food to bring over to a The Big Game party