I have about 10 unfinished drafts of articles in our editor. Just can’t bring myself to get excited over a realignment of teams on regional and P5/G5 balance JUST so we can get through a couple non-conference games and have the whole thing shut down when it’s revealed that the Michigan State linebacking corps is made up of super-spreaders or something.
Oh, right, B1G 2020 is happening and begins next week!
How we made the schedule:
We hybridized a few ideas from the comments and our own schedules/abilities.
- We’re still moving in order of finish. No amount of “but rivals!” should cover up the fact that Nebraska is not moving back in this schedule, nor does Illinois deserve to be moved up to pair with Northwestern. Give the Illini this nice thing.
- Yes, that means paired weeks will be happening: One team in the morning articles, one team in the afternoons. Generally the better team in 2019 gets the afternoon. You get a full week of #doublecontent.
- Those paired weeks, however were slightly adjusted for competitive balance.
Here’s your schedule:
All times/dates subject to change, all teams listed in AM-PM order.
- June 29-July 3: America/Announce B1G 2020/squeeze any possible content out of that ridiculously-stupid Pat Forde realignment piece at SI
- July 6-10: Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Maryland Terrapins
- July 13-17: Northwestern Wildcats, Nebraska Cornhuskers
- July 20-24: Purdue Boilermakers, Indiana Hoosiers
- July 27-31: Illinois Fighting Illini, Michigan State Spartans [we’re basically running a parent trap with Thump and Andrew, who haven’t been speaking since Moon pooped on the Kracklepopski carpet]
- August 3-7: Michigan Wolverines, Penn State Nittany Lions
- August 10-14: Iowa Hawkeyes, Minnesota Golden Gophers
- August 17-21: wisconsin badgers, Ohio State Buckeyes
Any schedule appeals must be noted in the comments and will go through our Special Appeals Court, headed by a writer who’s probably a lawyer or a doctor or something.
We don’t like your chances.
Welcome to B1G 2020.