It’s pretty common consensus that the Iowa Hawkeyes’ Luka Garza is the front-runner (or at least the Big Ten’s front-runner) for National Player of the Year.
But is he even the best player in the Big Ten?
Could there be TWO Big Ten players among the five finalists for the Naismith Award?
It’s Andrew and Thump, back with your
favorite tolerated available podcast on Big Ten basketball—the Blocking Chargecast! Today we’re joined by MNWildcat too, for some reason, though he doesn’t talk about Drake basketball at all.
Give a listen:
Tonight, on a very special episode of the Blocking Chargecast:
- Non-con recaps: mostly laughing at Duke, with some of Thump swearing about Illinois losing Braggin’ Rights to Mizzou...again.
- A very late Big Ten-ACC Challenge recap: It should’ve ended 10-1, mostly.
- Player of the Year chatter
- Since the entire NCAA Tournament is in Indianapolis, where should the entire NIT be held? — We debate the Most NIT City.
- Should we just give the Freshman of the Year award to Hunter Dickinson right now? and other Michigan storylines, including just how good Franz Wagner has been and just how important Mike Smith is.
- HOW ABOUT Northwestern? MNW explains the rise (and possible fall) of the ‘Cats—and offers an apology to Pete Nance
- All the talented bigs in the conference—from Dickinson to Zach Edey and Liam Robbins to Zed Key
- What’s eating Gilbert State?
- Speaking of, is this FINALLY it for Maryland’s Mark Turgeon?
- We had some technical difficulties because Thump broke his laptop and turned it into a fainting goat...but we also breeze through Indiana and Nebraska (although some time spent on Dalano Banton and Teddy Allen) and why Penn State can’t win despite Izaiah Brockington and Myreon Jones and Seth Lundy HOW ARE THEY THIS BAD
- Rapid-fast schedule preview (and an open thread here)!
Give it a listen...
...then give us your Player of the Year and Most NIT City in the comments!
Which Big Ten player would win National Player of the Year (if one did)?
This poll is closed
Where should the NIT be held?
This poll is closed
The answer is always Yooper Dome