The buzzer has sounded in Indianapolis, and despite giving up a late lead, the Illinois Fighting Illini are your Big Ten Tournament champs, having outlasted the Ohio State Buckeyes in overtime, 91-88, in a thriller.
That means it’s time for the NCAA Tournament Selection Show, so here’s your last (brief) Big Ten bracketology update and info on how to watch the CBS Selection Sunday Show:
Big Ten Bracketology
- Illinois has clearly done enough to be the “best of the rest” #1 seed, after Gonzaga Bulldogs and Baylor Bears. No poll or question about them.
- If you had the choice, would you vault Ohio State up over Michigan Wolverines for the 1-seed? Did they show enough in the Big Ten Tournament, or has the inertia of the Wolverines helped them out?
- That’s perhaps a less serious question than this: Should Iowa Hawkeyes fall back into the Gonzaga bracket?
- Does Purdue Boilermakers, for that matter, avoid Gonzaga?
- I don’t care what happens to Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Maryland Terrapins, or Michigan State Spartans, as long as they lose in horrible and painful fashion.
We’ll update this when we have brackets! Here’s your thread. Have fun!