Welcome back to the B1G Stock Market Game! The Formula f$&×@d me good, hope you're all happy. One damn week into this year's edition and I'm pulling up the rear. Enjoy the rules recap!
- Start with an initial investment equal to the average of all current investors. This week, that’s 504 Delaney Dollars ($504DD).
- Select team stocks to buy.
- After the week’s games, sell, hold, and/or buy for the next week.
- Max number of any one team’s shares that you can own is 50.
- The game pays a 10% dividend of current prices in weeks 4, 7, 10, and 13 for all shares you’ve held for three consecutive weeks.
Team stock value comes from Teamrankings.com. The value of each team is the inverse of their current rating (out of 130 FBS teams), so team #2 costs $129, #6 costs $125, #129 costs $2.
What Teams Should I Invest In?
Buy low, sell high. Or vice versa. Buy shares of your own team, or feel all greasy by buying shares of your rival. While nobody can perfectly predict The Formula, team ratings are pretty much based on their game results, their opponents, and their opponents’ opponents.
Some players diversify, and others go heavy on one stock. You’ll find your niche. If you don’t like the dartboard method, you may want to check out Dead Read’s B1G Stock Report.
You're mad at me, aren't you? You were hard at work for over a minute last week, combing through schedules, finding the perfect investment. And you were right! Team A BEAT Team B! Team C's opponents' opponents won! And apparently all that means nothing, because your stock only rose 3 measly Delaney Dollars.
I would like to apologize on behalf of The Formula, and I'd also like to remind you that nobody knows how The Formula works, or why Nebraska jumped 21% but Sparty dropped 16%. Congrats to those of you who guessed right and are about to sell high. Everyone else, sell if you want, or keep riding toward them sweet dividends.
The opening bell has rung, here are this week’s stock prices:
Get your buys in by ****6pm Best Time Zone Thursday night.**** And remember, greed is good.