In response, the podcast calls an emergency summit with BuffKomodo, misdreavus79, and MNWildcat to discuss the out-of-left-field news of the Big Ten’s pending expansion to the West Coast.
- We all basically agree more shuffling was inevitable, but that we turned on our longest-standing conference ally is...nope, can’t say surprising, they had something we wanted
- The future landscape of the sport is still murky but consolidation and removal of some small number of superconferences from the rest of the NCAA structure seems inevitable
- There will be clear losers at some point, mostly among smaller schools who can’t capture a significant media market, so we have fun exiling those teams to the USFL Dimension
- Culture and competitive fit is discussed even with the constant reminders that this is at best a 3-hour flight for the teams involved
- We marvel at the completion of Jim Delaney’s design, as these events line up with a media rights negotiation right when NBC, CBS, Amazon, and Apple are all looking for sports product to buy
- Having gutshot the Pac-12, it only seems right that we put them out of their misery (?)